Dr. Cynthia Thaik, MD
Holistic Heart Doctor
Dr. Cynthia is a Harvard-trained Los Angeles cardiologist who practices with her heart. She helps replace stress, fear, anxiety in her patients and instills a sense of inner calm and peace by educating and inspiring them to take proactive steps towards health and healing. She has helped thousands of people transform their lives through the ways they think, feel, and act.
Intuitively, Dr. Cynthia has known that she would serve this calling since the age of five, after accompanying her physician mother to the medical clinic in their home country of Myanmar, formerly known as Burma. There, she witnessed the pure hands-on art of healing, free from the modern-day challenges of drugs, bureaucracy, and the threat of malpractice.
This experience laid dormant deep within her as she navigated her American life, completed her modern medical training at Harvard Medical School, and subsequently began practicing Western medicine. It wasn’t until the opening of her own wellness center three years ago—where she guided her patients to experience tremendous improvement in their health and well-being through integrative lifestyle practices that focused on nutrition, fitness, and spiritual or meditative practices—that those early childhood memories of the art of self-directed healing were reawakened.
Rediscovering her life purpose has inserted authenticity to her work and filled her with joy, energy and spirit. She believes the mind-body connection for health is best served through the practice of being centered and present in each moment. A practicing Buddhist, Dr. Cynthia is on a mission to deliver that message, best outlined in her new book, Your Vibrant Heart: Restoring Health, Strength & Spirit from the Body’s Core.
As one of the best Los Angeles heart specialists, Dr. Cynthia manages two successful cardiology clinics and is the founder of Revitalize-U, a wellness center focused on health, nutrition, weight loss, and detoxification. Beyond her academic and professional achievements, she is most proud of the praises that she receives from her patients who describe her style of practice as caring, compassionate, service, and excellence oriented.
California medical license: G 82312
- University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine
- Harvard Medical School’s training programs
- Beth Israel Hospital
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Brigham & Women’s hospital
Awards & Honors:
- 2005 LA Business Journal “Women Making a Difference” Nomination
- 1997 National Research Service Award NIH
- 1995 Cardiovascular Research Award, American College of Cardiology
- 1994 Raymond Kalil Memorial Cardiovascular Research Award
- 1993 Kathleen Swan Ginsberg Award
- 1993 Elected Chief Resident, Internal Medicine, Beth Israel Hospital
- 1990 Alpha Omega Alpha, University of Chicago
- 1986 Summa Cum Laude, University Of Illinois
- 1982 Bronze Tablet Award
- 1997 Assistant Clinical Professor Medicine UCLA School of Medicine
- 1990 Clinical Fellow of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
- 1986 Teaching Assistant, Dept. of Medicine, University of Chicago
- 1982 Teaching Assistant, Dept. of Chemistry, University of Illinois
- 2003 Co-director of the Women’s Cardiac Risk Screening Program at Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center
- 2016 – Complementary and Alternative Medicine in Practical Cardiology: Evaluation and Management of Common Cardiovascular Disease
- 2014 – Your Vibrant Heart: Restoring Health, Strength & Spirit from the Body’s Core
- 1999 – “Coronary Artery Disease” – Principles of Women’s Health
- 1998 – “Nitric Oxide, Atrial Natriuretic Peptide, and cyclic GMP Inhibit the Growth-promoting Effects of Norepinephrine in Cardiac Myocytes and Fibroblasts” – Journal of Clinical Investigations
- 1997 – “Hemorrhagic Complications of Thrombolytic and Anticoagulant Therapy” – Textbook of Coronary Thrombosis.
- 1995 – “Pressure- and Volume-Induced Left Ventricular Hypertrophies As Associated With Distinct Myocyte Phenotypes and Differential Induction of Peptide Growth Factor mRNAs” – Circulation
- 1995 – “Molecular and Cellular Events in Myocardial Hypertrophy and Failure” – Heart Failure: Cardiac Function and Dysfunction, Volume VI. Atlas of Heart Diseases
- 1995 – Effects of inflammatory cytokines on growth and growth factor expression in cardiac myocytes and fibroblasts. – Abstract, AHA Meeting
- 1994 – Exercise Capacity and Systolic and Diastolic Ventricular Function After Recovery From Acute Dilated Cardiomyopathy. – Journal of American College of Cardiology
- American College of Cardiology
- American Medical Association
- Massachusetts Medical Society
- American Heart Association
- National Association of Professional Women
- Women Speaker Association
- Physician Committee for Responsible Medicine
- Women National Book Association
- Women’s Cardiovascular Health, Congestive heart failure, Cardiomyopathy
- Weight loss and Nutrition
I am a new patient of Dr. Thaik and after my first visit, I was graciously gifted a copy of her book, ” Your Vibrant Heart.” Being an avid reader on all books on health, I was immediately drawn in to not only the amazing content, but by the way this book was so thoughtfully put together. I found myself not being able to put it down after picking it up! Dr. Thaik is not only extremely knowledgeable, she is kind, compassionate and very passionate to bring health and wellness to all those that seek it. I am so thankful for her!
I’ve been a patient of Dr. Thaik a few years now and all my visits and experiences were positive! She listens carefully and explains things if you have questions. She also suggests ways to improve your health, lifestyle, and well-being. Front desk staff is helpful as well; from scheduling an appointment to follow-ups, etc! I am thankful to have found Dr. Thaik!
I have been seeing Dr. Thaik for over ten years. She is always willing to take the time to answer your questions thoroughly. A quality not many doctors have today. She is never condescending. I have never had a negative experience and would recommend her to my friends and family. A great lady!!
Dr. Thaik is a world-class, Harvard-trained physician who takes a holistic approach with her medical practice — truly a breath of fresh air. Not only that, but she’s very kind, present and approachable. Her staff, especially Ashley, are incredibly responsive. They were able to squeeze me in for a visit on the morning of and treated me with respect and kindness during a particularly vulnerable time.
I went to her for a primary care visit after weeks of looking for a holistic PCP that would be able to think beyond a prescription pad. After one visit, I knew she was the one. If you’re tired of conventional western medicine and are looking to partner with a physician to take an integrative and functional approach to regaining your health, then Dr. Thaik is for you.
FANTASTIC results for both myself & hubby. WOW…. it’s shocking.. Hubby has heart condition & pacer. Docs have been concerned about his heart AND BLOOD sugar levels; Glucose & A1C; too high… Dr. Thaik changed his heart meds, added supplements and had him set appt. with Brenda the Nutrionist; new detox diet.. After just 2 mos. of new detox diet, supplements and heart med– his glucose dropped 32 pts!!! Omg…!! We’re both so happy! A1C went from 6.8 to 6.4!
10 stars for Dr. Thaik. She and her staff are amazing. I highly recommend her to everyone. She is caring, patient, and extremely knowledgeable. My experience was excellent from beginning to end. Thank you Dr. Thaik.