Dr. Cynthia, holistic doctor and cardiologist in Los Angeles, practices with her heart because she believes the heart of the matter is that it is the heart that matters. She believes that to have optimal cardiovascular health, your emotional and spiritual heart is just as important as your physical heart, and care must be given to all aspects of this vital organ.
Dr. Cynthia emphasizes that it is important to pay close attention to your thoughts and emotions, as they dictate the symphony of neurotransmitters playing in your body. Volatile emotions like anger and hostility are very bad for your heart health. Study after study has shown that people who feel lonely, depressed, and isolated are more likely to get sick and die prematurely, than those individuals who have a sense of connection, happiness, gratitude and love.
Love has long been known to promote emotional well-being, but researchers have also discovered the actual physiological effects that can result in improved physical health. Find out how love benefits your health:
- Improves Heart Health. Being in love helps lower blood pressure. A Brigham Young University study found that on average, people in loving marriages had blood pressure readings 4 points lower than those of both singles and unhappily married couples. Studies also show that happily married men in love have 50 percent less chance of angina, and women in love are known to have a lower risk for cardiovascular disease.
- Relives Stress: Studies show that individuals in healthy relationships have significantly lower levels stress. Love counteracts the fight-or-flight response that we so often find ourselves in. Even low levels of stress cause the body to release cortisol, which is associated with an increased risk of developing high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease and depression. Love downregulates the production of cortisol. Love encourages your body to produce oxytocin, the “feel-good” or “love” hormone. Oxytocin can reduce cardiovascular stress and improve the immune system, which in turn decreases cell death and inflammation.
- Improves mental health. In life, high amounts of stress can lead to several mental issues, such as depression, anxiety or ADHD. Just having someone to come home to every day and release tension with is a huge factor in decreasing the risk of mental problems. Falling in love and staying in love raises levels of nerve growth which helps restore the nervous system and improves memory by triggering the growth of new brain cells. Love also decreases anxiety and staves off depression, which subsequently reduces the signs and symptoms of heart disease
- Improves mood and pain tolerance. A blog by Vitacost states that snuggling up to the one you love has benefits that go far beyond basic pair bonding. According to researchers at the University of North Carolina, they found that couples who hug, hold hands and sit close together tend to have higher levels of the hormone oxytocin. Oxytocin has a powerful effect on your sense of well-being, says Dr. Cynthia, a Los Angeles-based cardiologist, she calls this “love hormone” a great antidote to stress which can also lead to improved mood and great pain tolerance.
- Improves immune system. Studies have found that people in loving relationships are less prone to have increased levels of inflammation and more likely to have stronger overall immune system.
- Improves quality of sleep. Sleeping next to someone you love makes you feel more relaxed, which helps you to sleep better. Numerous studies have linked the benefits to the feel-good hormone oxytocin. Adequate rest is vital to heart health and overall well-being, as much of the reparative work of the body is done during sleep. according to research from the University of Utah. In the study, 34 couples were tested for the stress hormone cortisol before, during and after they were separated for several days. Results showed the couples were more stressed while separated, which affected their sleep quality.
It is important to remind yourself that there is so much more to love than just romantic love. There is love of life, love of nature, love of animals, love of others, and love of self, and all of these acts of love provide amazing health benefits. Here are some ways to incorporate love into your life:
- Be more loving and giving. Aim to bring happiness and joy into other people’s lives. Be generous with your time and money; be a person of increase. Challenge yourself to do one random act of kindness today, even if it is as simple as smiling at someone.
- Hug often and hold hands. Physical contact in a loving and nurturing way has the ability to instantly improve your mood, lower stress levels and put you at ease. Try to hug at least one person you love every day.
- Love your life. Bring more joy into your life each day and be grateful for what you have.
- Love yourself and be kind to yourself every day. Treat yourself like you would another person who you are truly in love with. The more you love yourself, the better equipped you will be to love others. And the more love you give, the more you will receive.
For more information on an integrative holistic approach to improve your overall health, visit us on line at DrCynthia.com or call our office at 818-842-1410.
“5 Surprising Ways Love Helps Your Health.” http://blog.vitacost.com/wellness/5-surprising-ways-love-helps-your-health.html
At the Holistic Healing Heart Center, Doctor Cynthia and her team of holistic primary care physicians provide one-stop shopping for all your health care needs. They provide primary care services and progressive heart disease treatment as well as integrative lifestyle programs to help you stay healthy and age gracefully.Often described as one of the best Los Angeles heart specialists, Dr. Cynthia is a holistic cardiologist and functional medicine doctor who will listen to you; ask questions about your lifestyle, environmental exposures, and genetic influences that may impact your health; and then provide thoughtful treatment recommendations, as described below.
- Preventive treatments including traditional, alternative, and naturopathic (acupuncture, homeopathy) remedies for medical conditions and heart disease.
- Wellness training including nutrition, weight loss, lifestyle management, and mindfulness.
- Rejuvenation services including iv nutritional therapy (Myers cocktail iv drip), bioidentical hormone therapy, non-invasive facial and cellulite laser treatment, non-surgical fat removal, SculpSure body contouring, and other aesthetics services.
As an experienced and trusted holistic primary care physician, functional medicine doctor and naturopathic cardiologist, Dr. Cynthia has been providing whole person health care to the residents of Burbank, Valencia, greater Los Angeles, and Southern California communities for more than 20 years.
In 2019, she is pleased to be joined by Dr. Barbara Rush, a licensed Naturopathic Doctor and Acupuncturist, who specializes in Chelation & iv nutritional therapy, Anti-Aging, Environmental Medicine, Fertility and Natural Hormone Balance, all using the original Functional Medicine approach. Since 2005, DR. Rush has been in clinical practice, helping people with holistic and alternative medicine. Dr. Rush combines eclectic healing arts, steeped in ancient wisdom with the best evidence-based science to achieve balanced health for her patients. She takes the time to listen to patients, treating every person as individual so they receive a customized treatment plan that works best for them. Dr. Rush has joined the Holistic Healing Heart Center and is providing the best naturopathic medicine near me.
Call 818-842-1410 today to learn how the Holistic Healing Heart Center can help you prevent disease, stay healthy, and age gracefully.