Natural Remedies for Chronic Fatigue
– Shannon Lochwood
Do you find it a struggle to get out of bed each morning? Are you dragging to find the motivation to start your day? Is it difficult for you to attend to your daily tasks? Do you constantly feel like you are in a fog?
If you always feel like you are tired, no matter how much sleep you get, you could be suffering from chronic fatigue. There are many factors that can contribute to a constant state of drowsiness, including issues with hormone production and simply the high demands and stresses of life today. Typically issues with hormones and stress come with age. As we get older, we need to pay attention more to our body.
If you are battling with excessive fatigue and you find that coffee, energy drinks and other forms of caffeine and pick-me-ups simply aren’t doing the trick, you probably feel like you are at your wits end. However, rest assured that there is a way to actually put some pep in your step. There are several natural remedies that can promote energy and ease that feeling of constantly feeling tired without harming your health (it’s no secret that excessive caffeine is not exactly healthy).
If you’re feeling like you’re always running on empty, give these natural energy boosters a try:
1. B Vitamins: The body turns B12 and other complex B vitamins into energy, which makes them a great tool for combating chronic fatigue. It’s not uncommon to be deficient in B vitamins, which translates to a loss of energy. Try taking a pill or liquid supplement and you’ll likely find you have a renewed sense of energy.
2. Ginseng: This naturally occurring herb has been found to increase cellular immune function and boost blood cells, which can help to combat the feeling of tiredness. Ginseng has been used in Asia for centuries to boost energy and blast fatigue. It has become quite a well-known remedy in the Western World, too. It’s available in teas, foods and even gums.
3. Astragalus: This is another herb that has been noted for its ability to ease the feeling of chronic fatigue. It helps to boost the immune system and repairs the excessive buildup of candida yeast, which has been linked to chronic fatigue. This herb can either be taken as a pill or brewed as a tea.
4. Bee Pollen: Bee pollen has been found to have a balance of enzymes, protein, amino acids, minerals and vitamins, all of which are helpful in treating the effects of excessive fatigue. It can help to ease both physical and mental fatigue, giving you the energy you need to successfully get through your days and to feel better, overall.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar: Add a few drops of apple cider vinegar to a cup of cold water and drink it down each morning. You’ll feel an instant boost in your energy levels, and you won’t ever experience that crash that comes with caffeine. Apple cider vinegar has the ability to break down the buildup of lactic acid in the joints, which can lead to excessive tiredness.
Stop struggling with that groggy feeling; regain clarity and feel better overall by boosting your energy levels with these natural remedies. With these treatments, you’ll be able to say goodbye to excessive tiredness and hello to a more energized and enjoyable lifestyle.
Shannon Lochwood is a freelance writer who currently lives in California. She enjoys writing about health, mental and physical as well as fitness. To view more of her work check out Presidio Home Care Blog. When she isn’t writing, she loves to be active or cook for her family and friends.