Learn how to quiet Self-criticism
Are you your own worst enemy? Do you find that you constantly criticize, put yourself down, and strongly focus only on your bad qualities? Well, you’re not alone and it happens to a lot of us, many people are prone to self-criticism. Yes, a little self-criticism can be a good thing when it serves you as a reality check to spark some motivation for positive change and personal growth, but excessive self-criticism can be harmful to your overall health and wellbeing.
We can all be very judgmental when it comes to our own faults and weaknesses. Oftentimes we think that we are “not good enough,” that we are worthless, or that we just keep making mistakes and are not capable of making better changes. This can certainly make us feel sad, hopeless, angry, and even helpless. But when self-criticism prevents us from taking risks and believing in our own capabilities to function and thrive, then it becomes unhelpful and unhealthy. Constant negative self-talk has shown to be associated with higher levels of stress, anxiety, and depression.
Well, the good news is that you can learn how to defeat your inner critic and get away from being your own worst enemy. Here are some ways on how to stand up to that nasty voice inside your head that puts you down:
1. Love yourself and your mistakes. We are all human and we all have flaws, defects, and make mistakes. Think of all your loved ones and their imperfections or weaknesses, does that stop you from loving them? No! You clearly learn to love and accept them the way they are, so you need to let yourself be human too. Learn to love yourself and accept your mistakes.
2. Look for a solution. There is always a way to solve things, if you think you can do better then stop putting yourself down and find a solution. You need to change your behavior by changing the way you think. Focus on staying motivated and aim for positive change.
3. Stop being your own worst enemy and become your own best friend. Be kind to yourself the same way you are to your friends and family. Recognize that oftentimes you are much harsher on yourself than with your loved ones. Next time you face your inner critic ask yourself how you would help your friend if she had the same problem you are experiencing and then treat yourself as if you were your best friend.
Standing up to your self-critic is the best way to gain self-esteem, be happy, and feel less stress. Relax your standards a little bit and give yourself credit for what you do right then focus on improving what you do wrong.
At the Holistic Healing Heart Center, Doctor Cynthia and her team of holistic primary care physicians provide one-stop shopping for all your health care needs. They provide primary care services and progressive heart disease treatment as well as integrative lifestyle programs to help you stay healthy and age gracefully.Often described as one of the best Los Angeles heart specialists, Dr. Cynthia is a holistic cardiologist and functional medicine doctor who will listen to you; ask questions about your lifestyle, environmental exposures, and genetic influences that may impact your health; and then provide thoughtful treatment recommendations, as described below.
- Preventive treatments including traditional, alternative, and naturopathic (acupuncture, homeopathy) remedies for medical conditions and heart disease.
- Wellness training including nutrition, weight loss, lifestyle management, and mindfulness.
- Rejuvenation services including iv nutritional therapy (Myers cocktail iv drip), bioidentical hormone therapy, non-invasive facial and cellulite laser treatment, non-surgical fat removal, SculpSure body contouring, and other aesthetics services.
As an experienced and trusted holistic primary care physician, functional medicine doctor and naturopathic cardiologist, Dr. Cynthia has been providing whole person health care to the residents of Burbank, Valencia, greater Los Angeles, and Southern California communities for more than 20 years.
In 2019, she is pleased to be joined by Dr. Barbara Rush, a licensed Naturopathic Doctor and Acupuncturist, who specializes in Chelation & iv nutritional therapy, Anti-Aging, Environmental Medicine, Fertility and Natural Hormone Balance, all using the original Functional Medicine approach. Since 2005, DR. Rush has been in clinical practice, helping people with holistic and alternative medicine. Dr. Rush combines eclectic healing arts, steeped in ancient wisdom with the best evidence-based science to achieve balanced health for her patients. She takes the time to listen to patients, treating every person as individual so they receive a customized treatment plan that works best for them. Dr. Rush has joined the Holistic Healing Heart Center and is providing the best naturopathic medicine near me.
Call 818-842-1410 today to learn how the Holistic Healing Heart Center can help you prevent disease, stay healthy, and age gracefully.