Healthy Vegan Soup Recipe
Lentil & Quinoa Tomato Soup
By Brenda Morales
This tasty and nutritious vegan soup recipe is loaded with protein and fiber; perfect meal for the holidays.
Ready in approximately 55 minutes
- 1 cup lentils, rinsed and cooked
- ½ cup quinoa, rinsed and cooked
- 1 (28 oz) can organic diced tomatoes
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- ½ cup celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Pinch of turmeric
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Optional: Chopped parsley for garnish
- In a large pot heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions, carrots, celery and spinach. Saute for about 5 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Add turmeric, cumin and garlic, cook for another minute. Add the tomatoes and cook for 15 minutes to absorb the flavors.
- Add in lentils, broth, water, sea salt and pepper. Reduce heat to a gentle boil and simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then add quinoa, cover and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Once done, remove from heat and let it sit for about 5 minutes, and season to taste.
- Serve and enjoy! (Optional: Garnish soup with chopped parsely)
At the Holistic Healing Heart Center, Doctor Cynthia and her team of holistic primary care physicians provide one-stop shopping for all your health care needs. They provide primary care services and progressive heart disease treatment as well as integrative lifestyle programs to help you stay healthy and age gracefully.
Often described as one of the best Los Angeles heart specialists, Dr. Cynthia is a holistic cardiologist and functional medicine doctor who will listen to you; ask questions about your lifestyle, environmental exposures, and genetic influences that may impact your health; and then provide thoughtful treatment recommendations, as described below.
- Preventive treatments including traditional, alternative, and naturopathic (acupuncture, homeopathy) remedies for medical conditions and heart disease.
- Wellness training including nutrition, weight loss, lifestyle management, and mindfulness.
- Rejuvenation services including iv nutritional therapy (Myers cocktail), bioidentical hormone therapy, non-invasive facial and cellulite laser treatment, non-surgical fat removal, SculpSure body contouring, Botox injections and dermal filler injections.
As an experienced and trusted holistic primary care physician, functional medicine doctor and naturopathic cardiologist, Dr. Cynthia has been providing whole person health care to the residents of Burbank, Valencia, greater Los Angeles, and Southern California communities for more than 20 years.
Call 818-842-1410 today to learn how the Holistic Healing Heart Center can help you prevent disease, stay healthy, and age gracefully.