Holiday Stress Reduction Tips
Less holiday stress makes both your heart and life more joyful. The holidays are supposed to be a joyful time when you get to spend time with family and friends, celebrate another year gone by, and indulge in great food and drink. However, these things are precisely what makes the holidays the most stressful time of year for many people. In fact, heart attacks and other cardiac episodes are much more frequent around the holidays than any other time of year. The following are some valuable tips on how to decrease your stress levels over the Christmas and New Year period.
1. Be Mindful of Your Stress. When surrounded by loved ones, it may seem like a good idea to up the holiday cheer and pretend like everything is rosy, but by ignoring your true feelings, you only make things worse. Try to be aware of what you are feeling and acknowledge any stress you may be experiencing. You don’t have to act on it, but you should try to be present and recognize that it is there.
2. Accept the Things You Cannot Change. Let’s face it—certain relatives are never going to get along, your party may not go exactly as you planned it, and not everybody will appreciate that holiday spread you slaved so long over. But what can you do about it? Getting angry or upset won’t change anything, so you may as well accept it, forgive yourself and others, let it go and move on.
3. Be Grateful for the Good Things. With so much to plan and do come Christmas time, it can be hard to remember what the holidays are truly about, and that is love, laughter, generosity and gratitude. When you feel your temperature rising or anxiety setting in, take a moment to stop and appreciate the good things in your life. This can be anything from your health to your family, or even a burst of sunshine on an otherwise cloudy day.
4. Take Some Time Out. When the holiday chaos ensues, it is vital to take some much needed time out for yourself to relax and rebalance. I find meditation is one of the best ways to find peace and clarity. Other great ways to get grounded include exercise like yoga or tai chi, listening to music, sitting down with a good book, or simply taking a walk out in the fresh air.
5. Pass on the Love. Sure, giving gifts is all part of the Christmas spirit, but you don’t have to buy someone something to make them happy. Sometimes just a smile, some kind words, or a sincere offer of help is all that is needed to brighten someone’s day. And when you start putting those good vibrations out there, they are sure to come back to you.
Although the holidays can involve a whirlwind of activity, you don’t have to let your peace of mind spiral out of control. By being mindful, grateful, and good to yourself and others, you can ensure that your holiday season is less stressful and more joyful.
Wishing you and your loved ones a healthy , stress-free, and joyful holiday season.
At the Holistic Healing Heart Center, Doctor Cynthia and her team of holistic primary care physicians provide one-stop shopping for all your health care needs. They provide primary care services and progressive heart disease treatment as well as integrative lifestyle programs to help you stay healthy and age gracefully.Often described as one of the best Los Angeles heart specialists, Dr. Cynthia is a holistic cardiologist and functional medicine doctor who will listen to you; ask questions about your lifestyle, environmental exposures, and genetic influences that may impact your health; and then provide thoughtful treatment recommendations, as described below.
- Preventive treatments including traditional, alternative, and naturopathic (acupuncture, homeopathy) remedies for medical conditions and heart disease.
- Wellness training including nutrition, weight loss, lifestyle management, and mindfulness.
- Rejuvenation services including iv nutritional therapy (Myers cocktail iv drip), bioidentical hormone therapy, non-invasive facial and cellulite laser treatment, non-surgical fat removal, SculpSure body contouring, and other aesthetics services.
As an experienced and trusted holistic primary care physician, functional medicine doctor and naturopathic cardiologist, Dr. Cynthia has been providing whole person health care to the residents of Burbank, Valencia, greater Los Angeles, and Southern California communities for more than 20 years.
In 2019, she is pleased to be joined by Dr. Barbara Rush, a licensed Naturopathic Doctor and Acupuncturist, who specializes in Chelation & iv nutritional therapy, Anti-Aging, Environmental Medicine, Fertility and Natural Hormone Balance, all using the original Functional Medicine approach. Since 2005, DR. Rush has been in clinical practice, helping people with holistic and alternative medicine. Dr. Rush combines eclectic healing arts, steeped in ancient wisdom with the best evidence-based science to achieve balanced health for her patients. She takes the time to listen to patients, treating every person as individual so they receive a customized treatment plan that works best for them. Dr. Rush has joined the Holistic Healing Heart Center and is providing the best naturopathic medicine near me.
Call 818-842-1410 today to learn how the Holistic Healing Heart Center can help you prevent disease, stay healthy, and age gracefully.