The physical heart is one of the most important parts of the body. The heart should be treated with care. Cardiologist, Dr. Cynthia Thaik, M.D., uses holistic medicine to keep the hearts of her patients healthy and at their full potential. Dr. Thaik has offices in both Burbank and Valencia, CA, and the practice encourages patients to seek heart treatment whenever necessary.
One of the best ways to keep your heart healthy and running smoothly is to identify cardiac symptoms, both severe and mild. A cardiologist knows what to look for. Every heart problem, including heart attacks and heart disease, may require a different treatment plan, but seeking help for their symptoms is equally important.
Some of the major and most common heart attack symptoms include:
- Discomfort or pain in the chest, arm, back, or jaw
- Indigestion or a choking feeling that emulates heartburn
- Sweating, nausea, dizziness
- Weakness, shortness of breath, and irregular heartbeats
All of those symptoms are fair warning signs that you could be having a heart attack. Even if the symptoms pass quickly or don’t seem overly severe, it is incredibly important to seek treatment right away. Even the mildest of symptoms can indicate a problem that is causing irreparable damage to your heart. A professional cardiologist is trained to determine if your symptoms represent major or minor issues.
There are also a number of more uncommon heart attack symptoms that many people ignore but shouldn’t. For example:
- Anxiety or fear of death
- Persistent coughing or wheezing
- Sudden swelling in the feet, ankles, or stomach
If you experience any of those symptoms or you’re feeling concerned about your heart health, don’t hesitate to contact cardiologist Dr. Thaik for help or more information. In case of a heart emergency, call 911. The practice accepts most major insurance plans and utilizes a drug free approach. To schedule an appointment, visit Dr. Thaik’s web site or call (818) 842-1410 or (661) 222-9057.
At the Holistic Healing Heart Center, Doctor Cynthia and her team of holistic primary care physicians provide one-stop shopping for all your health care needs. They provide primary care services and progressive heart disease treatment as well as integrative lifestyle programs to help you stay healthy and age gracefully.
Often described as one of the best Los Angeles heart specialists, Dr. Cynthia is a holistic cardiologist and functional medicine doctor who will listen to you; ask questions about your lifestyle, environmental exposures, and genetic influences that may impact your health; and then provide thoughtful treatment recommendations, as described below.
- Preventive treatments including traditional, alternative, and naturopathic (acupuncture, homeopathy) remedies for medical conditions and heart disease.
- Wellness training including nutrition, weight loss, lifestyle management, and mindfulness.
- Rejuvenation services including iv nutritional therapy (Myers cocktail), bioidentical hormone therapy, non-invasive facial and cellulite laser treatment, non-surgical fat removal, SculpSure body contouring, Botox injections and dermal filler injections.
As an experienced and trusted holistic primary care physician, functional medicine doctor and naturopathic cardiologist, Dr. Cynthia has been providing whole person health care to the residents of Burbank, Valencia, greater Los Angeles, and Southern California communities for more than 20 years.
Call 818-842-1410 today to learn how the Holistic Healing Heart Center can help you prevent disease, stay healthy, and age gracefully.