Vegan Quinoa Noodle Stir-Fry
By Brenda Morales
Quick & easy-cooking quinoa noodles are gluten-free and a good source of plant-based protein.
Ready in about 20-25 minutes
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- 1 stalk broccoli, cut into small florets, stems thinly sliced
- ½ dozen mushrooms, stems removed and sliced into quarters
- 2 red peppers, cut into small cubes
- ½ cup of thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- Large handful of spinach
- 3 ounces quinoa noodles – I used Ancient Harvest Supergrain Pasta® Linguine
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2-3 tablespoons of low sodium organic Tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoons of tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Sea Salt to taste
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions. Do not overcook as the pasta tends to fall apart easily. Drain and rinse well under cold water to prevent sticking and set aside.
- In a large skillet heat coconut oil and add carrots and sliced broccoli. Let veggies cook on the hot pan for a couple of minutes.
- Add sliced mushrooms, chopped red peppers, thinly sliced red cabbage threads, and 1 tablespoon tamari sauce into the frying pan to cook with the carrots and broccoli.
- Now place the noodles on top of the vegetables and allow cooking. Set the kale on top of the noodles add water and remaining tamari sauce, cook about 3 minutes until kale is nearly tender
- Once the noodles are nearly cooked, add spinach into the stir fry along with the tahini, lemon juice, and sea salt. Cook for about 1 minute, tossing together, until the noodles are warmed through.
- Serve and Enjoy! (Optional: Top with fresh diced green onion or scallions for garnish)
Quick Note: Are you watching your carbohydrate intake? Simply cut half of the amount of noodles and increase the veggies in this dish to keep you full.
At the Holistic Healing Heart Center, Doctor Cynthia and her team of holistic primary care physicians provide one-stop shopping for all your health care needs. They provide primary care services and progressive heart disease treatment as well as integrative lifestyle programs to help you stay healthy and age gracefully.
Often described as one of the best Los Angeles heart specialists, Dr. Cynthia is a holistic cardiologist and functional medicine doctor who will listen to you; ask questions about your lifestyle, environmental exposures, and genetic influences that may impact your health; and then provide thoughtful treatment recommendations, as described below.
- Preventive treatments including traditional, alternative, and naturopathic (acupuncture, homeopathy) remedies for medical conditions and heart disease.
- Wellness training including nutrition, weight loss, lifestyle management, and mindfulness.
- Rejuvenation services including iv nutritional therapy (Myers cocktail), bioidentical hormone therapy, non-invasive facial and cellulite laser treatment, non-surgical fat removal, SculpSure body contouring, Botox injections and dermal filler injections.
As an experienced and trusted holistic primary care physician, functional medicine doctor and naturopathic cardiologist, Dr. Cynthia has been providing whole person health care to the residents of Burbank, Valencia, greater Los Angeles, and Southern California communities for more than 20 years.
Call 818-842-1410 today to learn how the Holistic Healing Heart Center can help you prevent disease, stay healthy, and age gracefully.