Vegan Protein style recipe ready in approximately 35-40 minutes
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups of water
- 20 asparagus
- 2 large eggplants
- 2 large zucchini
- Two 425g cans of organic black beans
- Handful of pumpkin seeds
- Handful sliced almonds
- 1 – 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of low sodium organic Tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons of tahini
- Sea Salt to taste
Ingredients for dressing:
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup warm water
- Combine 2 cups of water in a saucepan with 1 cup of quinoa. Add 2 tablespoons of tamari and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and allow to simmer for about 20 minutes until cooked. When it finishes cooking stir in two tablespoons of tahini.
- While quinoa is cooking, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Snap off about an inch of asparagus stalks, cut eggplants into thin slices and cut zucchini into approx. ½ inch thick slices.
- Grease the bottom of a baking sheet with 1 tablespoon olive oil and place the eggplant slices, zucchini, and asparagus on it. Drizzle a little more olive oil onto them. Place the tray in the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, until tender.
- Cook beans until they come to a boil, use sea salt to taste.
- While the veggies are in the oven, whisk together the dressing. Combine the juice of one lemon, tahini, warm water and whisk until smooth. The dressing should be slightly runny.
- To assemble the bowls, place quinoa and beans on the bottom and the veggies on sides. Then top with pumpkin seeds and sliced almonds. Drizzle with dressing. Enjoy!