By Brenda Morales M.
Vegan Protein style recipe ready in approximately 35-40 minutes
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups of water
- 20 asparagus
- 2 large eggplants
- 2 large zucchini
- Two 425g cans of organic black beans
- Handful of pumpkin seeds
- Handful sliced almonds
- 1 – 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of low sodium organic Tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons of tahini
- Sea Salt to taste
Ingredients for dressing:
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup warm water
- Combine 2 cups of water in a saucepan with 1 cup of quinoa. Add 2 tablespoons of tamari and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and allow to simmer for about 20 minutes until cooked. When it finishes cooking stir in two tablespoons of tahini.
- While quinoa is cooking, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Snap off about an inch of asparagus stalks, cut eggplants into thin slices and cut zucchini into approx. ½ inch thick slices.
- Grease the bottom of a baking sheet with 1 tablespoon olive oil and place the eggplant slices, zucchini, and asparagus on it. Drizzle a little more olive oil onto them. Place the tray in the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, until tender.
- Cook beans until they come to a boil, use sea salt to taste.
- While the veggies are in the oven, whisk together the dressing. Combine the juice of one lemon, tahini, warm water and whisk until smooth. The dressing should be slightly runny.
- To assemble the bowls, place quinoa and beans on the bottom and the veggies on sides. Then top with pumpkin seeds and sliced almonds. Drizzle with dressing. Enjoy!
At the Holistic Healing Heart Center, Doctor Cynthia and her team of holistic primary care physicians provide one-stop shopping for all your health care needs. They provide primary care services and progressive heart disease treatment as well as integrative lifestyle programs to help you stay healthy and age gracefully.
Often described as one of the best Los Angeles heart specialists, Dr. Cynthia is a holistic cardiologist and functional medicine doctor who will listen to you; ask questions about your lifestyle, environmental exposures, and genetic influences that may impact your health; and then provide thoughtful treatment recommendations, as described below.
- Preventive treatments including traditional, alternative, and naturopathic (acupuncture, homeopathy) remedies for medical conditions and heart disease.
- Wellness training including nutrition, weight loss, lifestyle management, and mindfulness.
- Rejuvenation services including iv nutritional therapy (Myers cocktail), bioidentical hormone therapy, non-invasive facial and cellulite laser treatment, non-surgical fat removal, SculpSure body contouring, Botox injections and dermal filler injections.
As an experienced and trusted holistic primary care physician, functional medicine doctor and naturopathic cardiologist, Dr. Cynthia has been providing whole person health care to the residents of Burbank, Valencia, greater Los Angeles, and Southern California communities for more than 20 years.
Call 818-842-1410 today to learn how the Holistic Healing Heart Center can help you prevent disease, stay healthy, and age gracefully.